Dig Deep Trail Ultra 60
What’s new for Dig Deep 2021?
- The start and finish location! Due to various factors including a backlog of weddings at Whirlow Farm, we have chosen to move the start/finish point just up the road to Clarks Farm on Hangram Lane. See below for venue details and directions.
- Little tweaks to the route – in part due to the change in venue, and partly due to agreements with landowners, there are some minor changes to the route. If you have previous years routes on your watch then please make sure they are replaced with the most current GPX file. Updated route files and descriptions can be downloaded below.
- The start. Last year, due to covid restrictions, we set runners off singly or in household pairs. This year we are going to set off groups as big as we can safely do so. At the moment this will be in groups of five every minute, although if we can safely do more by August then we will consider it. Mass starts will probably still be out though. More details will be sent out to entrants as we get closer to the time.
What’s staying the same?
- The great sense of fun (type 2) and achievement you get from finishing!
- The welcoming, supportive and happy atmosphere we strive to achieve, even when we’ve been awake for 30 hours :D
- The price! We feel we offer a great value event and want to keep it as accessible as possible.
- Camping, toilets and shelter available at the start/finish venue.
- All the main hills that we know you just love on route!
- The DD60 is still worth 4 UTMB points, so a perfect way to see the sights and get a step closer to Chamonix!
If you have any questions about any of the changes then please get in touch.
Previous results can be found here
Sunday, 6am start.
If you are looking for the ultimate, classic journey through the Dark Peak then this should be on your bucket list. The challenging route will keep you inspired as you move towards the finish with some of the best trails and views in the whole of the Peak District.
This race takes you on a beautiful and challenging tour of the Peak District, covering around 60 miles of trails and 3222m of ascent. This is a tough event, and totally worth it for the sense of achievement you’ll take away, let alone the views!
We are very pleased to be able to announce that the Trail Ultra 60 is worth 4 UTMB points in 2021.
The route will be marked in places but navigation/a good knowledge of the area will be necessary. Timing stations will be in place along the route, each of which must be visited, along with all aid stations.
We work closely with the Peak District National Park Authority and local land owners to ensure the event is sustainable and avoids sensitive areas. Please ensure you help us to do this by sticking to the event route and making sure you take all litter away with you.
|Distance/Ascent||60 miles/3222m approx|
|Date||28th August 2021|
|Start time||6.00am (race briefing at 5:45am)|
|Venue||Clarks Farm, Hangram Lane, S11 7TQ|
|Prizes||1st Open M&F, 1st V40,V50 and V60 M&F|
*Important information: These are the dates we are hoping to run the events, however due to the ongoing pandemic some authorities are not accepting event applications currently, and we may not be allowed to hold them due to government restrictions at the time. Entries are open, and in the case of the dates changing runners have the options of racing the new dates, deferring their entry to a later race, transferring the entry fee to another of our events, or receiving a 75% refund.
The event starts and finishes at Clarks Farm in Sheffield, where there will be camping available Friday and Saturday night (at a cost of £5 per tent, must be booked in advance). Toilets are available on site, and there is a farm shop selling local produce. There is plenty of parking available on site.
- Participants must be a minimum of 18 years old on race day
- Participants must carry all mandatory kit at all times (see below)
- Each checkpoint must be visited.
- Pacers are not allowed
- Cut off times are in place at several checkpoints for the safety of all involved. If you fall behind these you will be asked to withdraw from the event. See below for cut off locations and times
- Should you need to withdraw prior to the event due to injury or illness you can defer your entry to next year or change the participant name up to seven days before the event.
- Live updated timing at key checkpoints (so your supporters can keep track of you)
- Food and drink at feed stations
- A voucher for food on finishing
- Email copy of route notes
- Medal on finishing
Mandatory kit list:
Each runner must carry the following at all times. Failure to do so will lead to disqualification.
- Full waterproof body cover
- Compass and full route map
- Sufficient water and food to be self reliant
- Head torch – fully charged (spare batteries are advised)
- Mobile phone – fully charged
Race cut off locations and times:
|Cut off 1: Moscar||4 hours 30 min (10:30am)|
|Cut off 2: Edale||9 hours 20 min (3:20pm)|
|Cut off 3: Bradwell||14 hours 30 min (8:30pm)|
Take a look at the updated 2021 routes here:
Click here for a copy of our rules and ethos, which applies to all events unless specifically stated otherwise.