Dig Deep Trail Ultra 30
What’s new for Dig Deep 2022?
- We loved our first year at Clarks Farm on Hangram Lane, and given the feedback we got, so did you! So we will be there again – see below for venue details and directions.
- Little tweaks to the route – due to agreements with landowners, there may be some minor changes to the route. If you have previous years routes on your watch then please make sure they are replaced with the most current GPX file. Updated route files and descriptions can be downloaded below.
What’s staying the same?
- The great sense of fun (type 2) and achievement you get from finishing!
- The welcoming, supportive and happy atmosphere we strive to achieve, even when we’ve been awake for 30 hours :D
- Camping, toilets and shelter available at the start/finish venue.
- All the main hills that we know you just love on route!
- The DD60 is still worth 4 UTMB points, so a perfect way to see the sights and get a step closer to Chamonix!
If you have any questions about any of the changes then please get in touch.
Previous results can be found here
Saturday, 8am start.
This race takes you on a beautiful and challenging tour of the Peak District, covering around 30 miles of trails and 1388m of ascent. If you are looking for your first venture into ultra territory this could be just the thing for you! Many newcomers to ultra running have tackled the Trail Ultra 30 and have continued to come back for more, some even stepping up to the Trail Ultra 60.
The route will be marked in places although navigation/a good knowledge of the area will be necessary. Timing stations will be in place along the route, each of which must be visited, along with all aid stations.
We work closely with the Peak District National Park Authority and local land owners to ensure the event is sustainable and avoids sensitive areas. Please ensure you help us to do this by sticking to the event route and making sure you take all litter away with you.
|Distance/Ascent||30 miles/1388m approx|
|Date||20th August 2022|
|Start time||8.00am (race briefing 7:45am)|
|Venue||Clarks Farm, Hangram Lane, S11 7TQ|
|Prizes||1st Open M&F, 1st V40,V50 and V60 M&F|
The event starts and finishes at Clarks Farm in Sheffield, where there will be camping available Friday and Saturday night (at a cost of £5 per tent, must be booked in advance). Toilets are available on site, and there is a farm shop selling local produce. There is plenty of parking available on site.
- Participants must be a minimum of 18 years old on race day
- Participants must carry all mandatory kit at all times (see below)
- Each checkpoint must be visited.
- Pacers are not allowed
- There are no cut off times in place. If you believe you will take longer than 10 hours then we would ask that you start at 6am with the Ultra 60 runners.
- Should you need to withdraw prior to the event due to injury or illness you can defer your entry to next year or change the participant name up to seven days before the event.
- Live updated timing at key checkpoints (so your supporters can keep track of you)
- Food and drink at feed stations
- Medal on finishing
- A voucher for food on finishing
- Email copy of route notes
Mandatory kit list:
Each runner must carry the following at all times. Failure to do so will lead to disqualification.
- Full waterproof body cover
- Compass and full route map
- Sufficient water and food to be self reliant
- Head torch – fully charged (spare batteries are advised)
- Mobile phone – fully charged
There are no cut off points for the Trail Ultra 30, however if you think you will take longer than 10 hours to complete it we would ask you to consider starting with the Trail Ultra 60 at 6am.
Take a look at the updated 2022 routes here:
Click here for a copy of our rules and ethos, which applies to all events unless specifically stated otherwise.