Dig Deep Trail Half
What’s new for Dig Deep 2022?
- We loved our first year at Clarks Farm on Hangram Lane, and given the feedback we got, so did you! So we will be there again – see below for venue details and directions.
- Little tweaks to the route – due to agreements with landowners, there may be some minor changes to the route. If you have previous years routes on your watch then please make sure they are replaced with the most current GPX file. Updated route files and descriptions can be downloaded below.
What’s staying the same?
- The great sense of fun (type 2) and achievement you get from finishing!
- The welcoming, supportive and happy atmosphere we strive to achieve, even when we’ve been awake for 30 hours :D
- Camping, toilets and shelter available at the start/finish venue.
- All the main hills that we know you just love on route!
- The DD60 is still worth 4 UTMB points, so a perfect way to see the sights and get a step closer to Chamonix!
If you have any questions about any of the changes then please get in touch.
Previous results can be found here
Sunday, 9am start.
It’s a classic!
Seasoned trail runners and those new to off-road running will find the Trail Half has something for everyone. Stunning trails, technical in some places, fast hard packed running in others. Runnable climbs and swooping downhills will bring a smile to your face. It’s no wonder this race has runners returning year after year.
This half marathon distance (approx.) route takes in some of the best scenery on the edge of the Peak District, following trails over rolling hills from Clarks Farm and back. Challenging, yet runnable, the Trail Half is a popular addition to many runners calendar. It’s easy to see why. Especially for 2022, we’re running the Higger Tor loop anti-clockwise!
We work closely with the Peak District National Park Authority and local land owners to ensure the event is sustainable and avoids sensitive areas. Please ensure you help us to do this by sticking to the event route and making sure you take all litter away with you.
|Distance/Ascent||13.1 miles/633m approx|
|Date||21st August 2022|
|Start time||9.00am (race briefing 8:45am)|
|Venue||Clarks Farm, Hangram Lane, S11 7TQ|
|Prizes||1st Open M&F, 1st V40,V50 and V60 M&F|
The route will be partly marked but navigation/a good knowledge of the area may be necessary in poor weather.
The event starts and finishes at Clarks Farm in Sheffield, where there will be camping available Friday and Saturday night (at a cost of £5 per tent, must be booked in advance). Toilets are available on site, and there is a farm shop selling local produce. There is plenty of parking available on site.
- Participants must be a minimum of 18 years old on race day
- Participants must carry all mandatory kit as decided by the race director (see below)
- Pacers are not allowed
- Should you need to withdraw prior to the event due to injury or illness you can defer your entry to next year or change the participant name up to seven days before the event.
- Marked route and timing
- Drink stations
- Medal on finishing
Please note the need to carry kit for the Trail Half is down to the discretion of the race director on the morning of the event, but please come prepared to carry all of the following:
- Full waterproof body cover
- Sufficient water and food to be self reliant
- Mobile phone – fully charged
Take a look at the updated 2022 routes here:
Click here for a copy of our rules and ethos, which applies to all events unless specifically stated otherwise.