Dig Deep Trail Weekend
2022 dates are 20-21st August*
What’s new for Dig Deep 2022?
- We loved our first year at Clarks Farm on Hangram Lane, and given the feedback we got, so did you! So we will be there again – see below for venue details and directions.
- Little tweaks to the route – due to agreements with landowners, there may be some minor changes to the route. If you have previous years routes on your watch then please make sure they are replaced with the most current GPX file. Updated route files and descriptions can be downloaded below.
What’s staying the same?
- The great sense of fun (type 2) and achievement you get from finishing!
- The welcoming, supportive and happy atmosphere we strive to achieve, even when we’ve been awake for 30 hours :D
- Camping, toilets and shelter available at the start/finish venue.
- All the main hills that we know you just love on route!
- The DD60 is still worth 4 UTMB points, so a perfect way to see the sights and get a step closer to Chamonix!
If you have any questions about any of the changes then please get in touch.
Previous results can be found here
On the outskirts of the City of Sheffield and the Peak District lies Clarks Farm. This is the home to the Dig Deep Trail weekend since 2021.
There’s camping available, toilets on site and a farm shop selling local produce, drinks and ice-cream!
So what better place to base yourself for a weekend of running some of the most iconic trails in the Peak District. Four great races from a 10km trail race through to the challenge of the Peak District’s toughest ultra at 60 miles and over 10,500 feet of climbing.
Race HQ will be located in the field above the farm house, on your left as you come from Ringinglow Road. Race HQ marquee and the car parking area will be clearly visible from the road.
*Important information: These are the dates we are hoping to run the events, however due to the ongoing pandemic some authorities are not accepting event applications currently, and we may not be allowed to hold them due to government restrictions at the time. Entries are open, and in the case of the dates changing runners have the options of racing the new dates, deferring their entry to a later race, transferring the entry fee to another of our events, or receiving a 75% refund.
Further updates… keep your eyes peeled here and over on our Facebook page
6am – The Dig Deep Trail Ultra 60 gets under way
60 miles and 10,500 feet of ascent, plus a little bit!
If you are looking for the ultimate, classic journey through the Dark Peak then this should be on your bucket list. It’s tough yet the route will keep you inspired as you move towards the finish with some of the best trails and views in the whole of the Peak District. This event is worth 4 UTMB points.
First runners expected back from around 4pm.
8am – Next up it’s the Dig Deep Trail Ultra 30
30 miles and 4554 feet of ascent.
An ideal entry into your world of ultra running, often praised for being an ideal ‘first ultra’. That said for the more seasoned looking for a faster race, then this could be ideal.
First runners expected back from around 12:10pm.
9am – It’s the turn of the iconic Dig Deep Trail Half Race.
13miles, plus a little bit and 2077 feet of ascent.
New to trail racing, looking for a faster run? Either way the iconic Trail Half has much to offer runners at every level. Great trails, runnable climbs and swooping downhills. Run through some iconic Peak District country side. It’s becoming a classic and very likely to fill out early.
First runners expected back from around 10:30am.
10am – The Dig Deep Trail 10k is back by popular demand! A scenic climb up the Porter Valley followed by a loop of Lady Cannings Plantation, then back down the hill past Whirlow Hall Farm (with a little sting in the tail to finish). A fun and challenging 10k suitable for all abilities.
Take a look at the updated 2022 routes here:
Click here for a copy of our rules and ethos, which applies to all events unless specifically stated otherwise.