In Focus : Trail Running Talks
Friday 20th September sees the DIG Deep Trail Running Weekend get underway with ‘Let’s Talk Running’ with special guests Lisa Watson and Marcus Scotney. Something they both have in common, besides their love of running a long way is that they are both Dragon Slayers and have both won the infamous Dragons Back Race.
The DBR is a multi day race that takes the competitors along the spine of Wales, 315 kilometres with 15,500 metres of ascent along the way. It is said to be the toughest multi day race of its kind in the world and attracts competitors from all over.
Besides this Lisa has spent many an hour racing locally in the Peak District and her recent success includes:
– 2nd female (9th overall) at 9 Edges
– 1st female team (4th overall) in the High Peak Marathon
– 1st female (21st overall) at the Edale Skyline
– 1st female team (2nd overall) and new female CR at The Four Inns
Lisa is pictured with the famous Dragon Trophy.
Marcus is well known in these parts too, working and living in the Peak District and like Lisa is no stranger to success.
– 1st The Dragons Back multistage race and new course record
– 1st Dark Peaks Ultra 31miles and new course record
– 2nd High Peak Marathon and new Vet course record
– 1st Cape Wrath Ultra multistage race- 8 days 246miles
– 16th World 100km Championships and new PB 6hrs 56mins
– 3rd British 100km Championships
– 1st Dusk till Dawn Trail Marathon (28miles)
Both Marcus and Lisa will be talking about their exploits, how they train and the races they love. There will be stories of failure, of when things did not go so well and no doubt the joy of when things go right. For both of these runners it is not just about winning it is also about the joy of the outdoors and just getting out there and doing. Winning, after all, is the icing on the cake.
All are welcome to come along to the evening, which is free to all comers, plus there will be a bar, food and light refreshments available plus a chance to talk to the running experts from Scott Running, Raidlight and Accelerate. Try on shoes that you can take for a quick spin will also be available.
The DIG Deep Running Talks begin at 7:45pm.